As I was reading through different beauty bloggers posts, I came across a Beauty Tag that Kate’s Vanity created, but didn’t tag anyone to continue it. I wanted to give credit where credit is due, but I also wanted to extend this tag to others as well!
Rules are simple, answer these fun beauty questions and tag 3 others to do the same!
I had so much fun answering these questions and I hope you all do too!! ❤
1. Do you remember your first makeup item?
It has been SOOOO long since I got my first makeup item, but I’m sure it was something of my mom’s (hand me down), most likely a Mary Kay product.
2. Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications?
My perfect mascara would have to be jet black, voluminous, and separates lashes well. I think the L’oreal Lash Paradise and the Tarte Tarteist mascaras are closest to my preferred specifications.
3. What kind of coverage do you prefer from foundation?
I prefer a light to medium coverage, because I don’t like my face feeling heavy from product.
4. Favorite high end brand?
This one is tough! I would say it is a tie between Anastasia Beverly Hills and Tarte.
5. What cosmetic brands have you always wanted to try but still haven’t?
Charlotte Tilbury, Natasha Denona and Tom Ford. Mostly because they are so pricey!
6. Favorite drugstore brand?
NYX and L’oreal seems to have some really good products, even though Wet n’ Wild are really stepping up their game.
7. Do you wear fake eyelashes?
On special occasions, but not really. I usually want to rip them off as soon as I put them on!
8. Is there any kind of makeup you can’t leave the house without?
9. What is your most cherished beauty product?
It would be my Jaclyn Hill x Morphe palette because I have always been a huge fan of hers and the palette is amazing!
10. How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there or get lots of goodies at once?
Very often! Sometimes it’ll be one product here and there and other times it will be a massive amount because of some fantastic deal!
11. Do you have a “beauty budget” or do you spend freely?
I am trying to budget a certain amount for my beauty stuff, but I mostly just spend freely. Sometimes you just can’t help but buy makeup you want!
12. Do you utilize coupons, rewards cards and sales when you shop for cosmetics?
ALL THE TIME!! I am all about finding that bargain!
13. What type of product do you buy the most of?
Highlighters and Lip products 😀
14. Is there a brand that you absolutely can’t stand?
Not anything that I have come across yet.
15. Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics like parabens or sulfates?
I should, but I don’t. I will try/wear anything for the most part.
16. Do you have a favorite place to shop for makeup?
Ulta is my go-to, because they have high end and drugstore all in one place.
17. Do you like trying new skincare products or do you keep a certain routine?
I love trying new products. I’m sure there are always better products out there that I don’t know about yet!
18. Favorite bath and body brand?
Philosophy or Lush
19. If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose?
20. What brand do you think has the best packaging?
I like Marc Jacobs packaging, it’s nice and sleek.
21. Which celebrity always has great makeup?
Selena Gomez & Shay Mitchell always seem to have really beautiful makeup.
22. Do you belong to any online makeup communities?
Just here on WordPress. I would love to get involved in more though!
23. Favorite Beauty Gurus?
Linda Hallberg, Kathleen Lights, Jaclyn Hill, Tati Westbrook, and many many more!
24. Do you like multi-functional products like lip and cheek stains?
Of course! Who wouldn’t love multiple products in one easy package?! Especially when traveling!
25. Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
For the most part, no, but when it comes to mascara, unintentionally. 😀
26. Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
27. How many hair products do you use on a typical day?
If you count shampoo and conditioner, 2. Haha
28. What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
Foundation, then concealer.
29. Do you ever consider taking makeup classes?
I would love to take makeup classes! There is always more to learn!
30. What do you love about makeup?
I love that you can be yourself, whether it be subtle or out of this world! I love that you can try new and intimidating things without thinking about it twice, because if you don’t like it, you can just take it off and start over!
I hope you all enjoyed this as much as I did!!
I will be passing this along to:
Have fun! I can’t wait to read your answers!!